Translate

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Progress

Progress is something that we need in our everyday lives...it is a necessecity to keep us moving forward and pressing on.

This week has been very positive so far, and I feel that my hip is getting better each and every day. I have been going to Physical Therapy now, and that has been amazing (although slightly painful at the time).

The main test to diagnose FAI is when the leg is bent up to 90 degrees (think sitting in a chair) and then internally rotated, so the knee goes in towards the midline, and the foot goes out and away from the body.  Before the surgery, my left leg would rotate internally only a few degrees, and was painful (this is still currently the state of my right leg).  Already, not even 2 weeks post-op, I have a LOT more range of motion in my left hip, even without much pain.  This is a huge motivator for me, and reinforces that I made the right decision in going forward with this procedure.  I love to snowboard and wakeboard, and this increase in internal rotation will be huge when it comes to those sports.

I also feel that I could walk without crutches...not only because they suck (which they definitely do), but because when I hobble around without them and put some weight on the left leg, it feels great.  Still slightly stiff and weak-feeling, but I haven't walked on it for 2 weeks, so that's kind of expected.

Anyways, I go back to the surgeon tomorrow to get the stitches out and hopefully discuss a timetable for recovery, as well as plan the surgery for my right hip....should be a productive appointment.  Also, looking forward to the holiday and celebrating with some friends and a left-over keg from my wedding! (not taking pain pills anymore...fyi).

Cheers!

-D

No comments:

Post a Comment